Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Ok, I've never been to big on the whole birthday thing. I've always felt that trying to make a day be some happy occasion was just setting yourself up for failure. Plus, I really hate to be a bother, you know. I feel like "No, that's ok. I really don't need a party." I think that is because a childhood full of let downs. The most tragic moments in my life seem to come at time when I should have been the happiest. So, I really have to give thanks to my wife and friends who made this birthday maybe the best ever.

First, we decide to get a little get together going and just hang out at my friend house out in the middle of nowhere. Then when I get there, not only have they made a huge pot of chili and and a lagsana(both personal faves), they alsom made me a cake, and decorated it with a D&D Mini battle against a young green dragon. And it was marked with "Happy Birthday (Cake +2)". Then they also presented me with a brand new set of 4th Edition rulebooks (which I guess is thier way of telling me that they want to change editions lol). We spent the rest of the night skimming the rules, creating some new charecters and the watching Demon Knight.

Truly Lonnie, Chad, and Dixie thanks for a great night. I had alot of fun and it was something that I really needed after the last week of classes. Thank you.

No comments: